Maastricht - How the bassist of the Heideroosjes came into the picture in a child pornography case, the justice department will not say now. The
Current criminal case
Suspect in Prince murder case: 'I was just sitting at home' (Limburger.nl)
By his own account, 39-year-old Xionel B. has been held innocently since his arrest on Aug. 8, 2016. B. is one of the suspects in the case surrounding the liquidation of Sven Prins.
The Brunssumer was eventually shot dead in Heerlen on Sept. 25, 2015, after a car chase. Prins died after a barrage of bullets was fired at his car. A fellow occupant survived the attack.
Home
B. is one of the suspects, but according to him, a large number of witnesses - mostly family members - can confirm that he was home as usual on the night of Prince's liquidation in September 2015.
"Why are you just coming up with that now?" the court president wanted to know from the defendant. "I have no confidence in the police and the legal system. That is why I have remained silent until now," he replied.
With his infant son
One of his co-defendants, Sergio K. (27), has previously said he played no role in Prince's violent death. He too is said to have been in his home with his infant son on the night of the murder. Several people could confirm this.
His lawyer Luc Bien asked the court to release K. immediately. The court will decide on that Tuesday.
The third suspect Jurandy T. (32) has so far mostly invoked his right to remain silent.
Breakthrough
Before the trial continues in June, the court still needs to hear a large number of witnesses. Attorneys Luc Bien, Bart Nijsten and Serge Weening all three want to take a closer look at an undercover agent and his supervisors.
Secret agent A3930 penetrated the club of suspects in Brunssum in the spring of 2016. The infiltrator's conversations with them marked a breakthrough in the investigation into the Prince case
In the media
with current criminal cases
Heerlen/Stein - A data breach at telecom provider T-Mobile (now Odido) led to the theft of at least 112,000 euros worth of crypto currency.
Kerkrade - One of the two suspects in the robbery murder of Fabian Esser (33) on June 23, 2022 in Kerkrade
Brunssum - A 15-year-old investigation into an aggravated assault in Heerlen has been cracked open thanks to a DNA match. In November
The court sentenced a 58-year-old man and a 60-year-old woman from Apeldoorn for a series of arson attacks in their hometown. They
HELMOND - Jahangir A. is serving a 10-year prison sentence for the manslaughter of Els Slurink of Groningen, but had to be
Police have arrested three men for the stabbing Monday morning in Sittard that injured two people. Three men from
Roermond - Ivo T. (32) of Born was acquitted by the court in Roermond of abusing a 15-year-old