Maastricht - How the bassist of the Heideroosjes came into the picture in a child pornography case, the justice department will not say now. The
Current criminal case
Investigation bomb letter to mayor comes to nothing (1Limburg.nl)
The investigation into the letter bomb to Heerlen Mayor Krewinkel late last year is likely to end with a hisser.
There are no new suspects in sight. The only suspect in the case, 45-year-old Eric L. denies having anything to do with the letter to the Heerlen mayor. He was released after a few days in jail for lack of evidence.
Small chance
Sources confirm to L1 that the investigation has yielded nothing further. The Public Prosecutor's Office (OM) says that the official report is being finalized. After that it will be decided whether there will be a prosecution. But the chances of that are slim, the sources say. The municipality of Heerlen declined any comment.
Sjanneke de Crom, Eric L's lawyer, says she has contacted the public prosecutor several times about the case. But the prosecutor's office, she says, is keeping quiet.
Million euros
In mid-December, a suspicious package containing a letter was delivered to the town hall in Heerlen. In it a million euros was demanded. The Explosives Clearing Service (EOD) decided to have the city hall evacuated in the evening. As a result, the council meeting, which was in progress at the time, had to be interrupted.
A day later, 45-year-old Eric L. was lifted from his bed in Hulsberg. He was suspected of sending the package. Due to lack of evidence, L. was released within days.
Call
The police suspected that more persons may have had knowledge of the letter and therefore made an urgent appeal to those persons to come forward. This ultimately did not happen.
The defendant(s) in this case are assisted by:
In the media
with current criminal cases
Heerlen/Stein - A data breach at telecom provider T-Mobile (now Odido) led to the theft of at least 112,000 euros worth of crypto currency.
Kerkrade - One of the two suspects in the robbery murder of Fabian Esser (33) on June 23, 2022 in Kerkrade
Brunssum - A 15-year-old investigation into an aggravated assault in Heerlen has been cracked open thanks to a DNA match. In November
The court sentenced a 58-year-old man and a 60-year-old woman from Apeldoorn for a series of arson attacks in their hometown. They
HELMOND - Jahangir A. is serving a 10-year prison sentence for the manslaughter of Els Slurink of Groningen, but had to be
Police have arrested three men for the stabbing Monday morning in Sittard that injured two people. Three men from
Roermond - Ivo T. (32) of Born was acquitted by the court in Roermond of abusing a 15-year-old