Maastricht - How the bassist of the Heideroosjes came into the picture in a child pornography case, the justice department will not say now. The
Current criminal case
Murder suspect waits years in jail for trial (Limburger)
Berry K. (25) from Maastricht has not yet been convicted. Yet next month he will spend exactly one year in pre-trial detention on suspicion of murder.
On March 11, 25-year-old Maastricht man Berry K. allegedly shot dead a 40-year-old man during a drug deal on Pastoor Kikkenweg. K.'s lawyer Françoise Landerloo finds it inconceivable that her client has to wait so long for the actual criminal trial. She said yesterday during the pro forma hearing in Maastricht that Berry is only detained on the basis of witness statements. "There is not even an autopsy report on the victim's cause of death yet, nor is there any other technical document. Perhaps the victim was not even killed by a bullet," Landerloo said.
She asked the judge yesterday to lift or at least suspend K.'s pretrial detention. But the judge did not grant her request. "Just the suspicion of murder is not enough to keep someone in pretrial detention. But shooting with a firearm in a residential area during a drug deal is serious enough," the judge found. Berry's plea that he will not deal anymore, especially with the murder case on the horizon, was also to no avail. Previously, he said he dealt seven days a week.
"In 2010 there was also a suspicion of dealing and possession of weapons. Given the crime, the social interest outweighs your personal interest," the judge said. The prosecutor explained that this case is all taking longer than usual because justice has to wait for the Belgian reports. These should be in by Feb. 23. On the day of the shooting in March, according to Berry's account to the police, three Belgians came to get drugs from him in Cadier en Keer. When they reached into his bag of drugs, he allegedly fired.
In the media
with current criminal cases
Heerlen/Stein - A data breach at telecom provider T-Mobile (now Odido) led to the theft of at least 112,000 euros worth of crypto currency.
Kerkrade - One of the two suspects in the robbery murder of Fabian Esser (33) on June 23, 2022 in Kerkrade
Brunssum - A 15-year-old investigation into an aggravated assault in Heerlen has been cracked open thanks to a DNA match. In November
The court sentenced a 58-year-old man and a 60-year-old woman from Apeldoorn for a series of arson attacks in their hometown. They
HELMOND - Jahangir A. is serving a 10-year prison sentence for the manslaughter of Els Slurink of Groningen, but had to be
Police have arrested three men for the stabbing Monday morning in Sittard that injured two people. Three men from
Roermond - Ivo T. (32) of Born was acquitted by the court in Roermond of abusing a 15-year-old