Maastricht - How the bassist of the Heideroosjes came into the picture in a child pornography case, the justice department will not say now. The
Current criminal case
'Jihadganger' Syria struggles with psychological problems (Volkskrant)
The 24-year-old Mohammed G. who was arrested for allegedly wanting to fight in Syria is struggling with psychological problems. Even before his arrest in November, he was being treated for it.
That emerged Wednesday during the pro forma hearing in his case. His lawyer Serge Weening did not want to say what exactly those problems are, but he said they are being investigated to see if they played a role in the plans G. was forging.
The court decided that G. would remain in custody for the time being. Weening is now taking this to the trial court. Two co-defendants were released on bail earlier. According to Weening, the situation for his client is no different than for the other two men. But according to the prosecutor, the suspicions against him are serious. The prosecutor will decide within a few weeks whether she will actually prosecute the two other men.
Apprehended in November
In November, the three men were arrested after the secret service AIVD sent an official notice. According to the Justice Department, tickets had been booked for two of the three. They would have wanted to fly to Turkey from Brussels. Earlier, the trio would have discussed tickets for a flight to Turkey with a connecting flight to eastern Turkey.
In photo with AK-47
G. married a Muslim woman in November whom he had met shortly before over the Internet, but whom he had never met. Justice says the man wanted to fight jihad with her. For his bride, he posed in a photo with a weapon (AK-47). According to Weening, G. did not want to carry out his plan.
The defendant(s) in this case are assisted by:
In the media
with current criminal cases
Heerlen/Stein - A data breach at telecom provider T-Mobile (now Odido) led to the theft of at least 112,000 euros worth of crypto currency.
Kerkrade - One of the two suspects in the robbery murder of Fabian Esser (33) on June 23, 2022 in Kerkrade
Brunssum - A 15-year-old investigation into an aggravated assault in Heerlen has been cracked open thanks to a DNA match. In November
The court sentenced a 58-year-old man and a 60-year-old woman from Apeldoorn for a series of arson attacks in their hometown. They
HELMOND - Jahangir A. is serving a 10-year prison sentence for the manslaughter of Els Slurink of Groningen, but had to be
Police have arrested three men for the stabbing Monday morning in Sittard that injured two people. Three men from
Roermond - Ivo T. (32) of Born was acquitted by the court in Roermond of abusing a 15-year-old