Maastricht - How the bassist of the Heideroosjes came into the picture in a child pornography case, the justice department will not say now. The
Current criminal case
Calling out on driving behavior leads to brawl and driving into group in Wessem: 4.5-year prison sentence demanded (Limburger.nl)
Hendrik E. (36) from Spaubeek heard a 4.5-year prison sentence against him on Monday for his part in a quarrel in Wessem in May 2018. He was allegedly guilty of attempted manslaughter by twice driving his car into people.
In addition to E., Roy B. (35) from Beek also stood trial. The two men were traveling in a car on the night of May 27 last year when they went to fill up at the TinQ gas station in Wessem. Shortly before, E. drove his car close to a group of cyclists. One of those cyclists decided to confront E. a little later at the gas station. He was not amused and hit the cyclist first.
Attempted manslaughter
What followed was a scuffle in which E. was besieged by some of the other cyclists in the group. For Roy B. reason to, in his own words, "jump between them. The scuffle moved on, during which B. was bludgeoned. Hendrik E. got into his car and drove towards the group. One of them was able to jump away just in time. Attempted manslaughter, according to the prosecution. E. says he only wanted to drive the group apart.
Collision
As to what happened next, statements vary. The prosecution says E. and B. grabbed metal objects from the car to strike with. The two suspects deny that. They got back into the car and drove away. On the Groeneweg they encountered two cyclists again, after which E. drove his car into them. Deliberately, according to the prosecution, and thus again attempted manslaughter. E. says he had driven the wrong way and had not seen the cyclists. The two deny that they then struck the cyclists again. The victims say they did.
Criminal record
E., who has a nineteen-page criminal record, heard 54 months in prison against him. He would also be barred from driving a car for 10 years because he drove without a license that night, as well as many times before. B. should receive a sentence of 240 days in jail, 89 of which are suspended. That would mean that he would not have to go back to jail.
Two victims demanded compensation of nearly ten thousand euros. They said they were afraid of reprisals. Unjustified, according to B. "They shouldn't be afraid, because I'm not such a big boy. What has been, has been."
Verdict in two weeks.
The defendant(s) in this case are assisted by:
In the media
with current criminal cases
Heerlen/Stein - A data breach at telecom provider T-Mobile (now Odido) led to the theft of at least 112,000 euros worth of crypto currency.
Kerkrade - One of the two suspects in the robbery murder of Fabian Esser (33) on June 23, 2022 in Kerkrade
Brunssum - A 15-year-old investigation into an aggravated assault in Heerlen has been cracked open thanks to a DNA match. In November
The court sentenced a 58-year-old man and a 60-year-old woman from Apeldoorn for a series of arson attacks in their hometown. They
HELMOND - Jahangir A. is serving a 10-year prison sentence for the manslaughter of Els Slurink of Groningen, but had to be
Police have arrested three men for the stabbing Monday morning in Sittard that injured two people. Three men from
Roermond - Ivo T. (32) of Born was acquitted by the court in Roermond of abusing a 15-year-old