Maastricht - How the bassist of the Heideroosjes came into the picture in a child pornography case, the justice department will not say now. The
Current criminal case
Breda murder was ripdeal with Kalashnikov by Limburg group (Limburger.nl)
The murder of Kaan Safranti in Breda on April 8 was the bloody end of a ripdeal by a group of Limburg suspects. The victim was robbed of his life with multiple shots from a kalashnikov in his neck and back.
The suspected shooter is 22-year-old Sofian S. from Roermond. This emerged Friday before the court in Breda.
Manslaughter in association
The two women and three men from Limburg detained for the fatal shooting are suspected of manslaughter in association. "You don't have to have been in the home in this case to be charged with manslaughter," prosecutor Pauline Lanslots said during a preliminary hearing. The sixth suspect, a 23-year-old man from Roermond, had not yet been called before that. He was last arrested on July 10.
The men and women, ranging in age from 21 to 28, are from Sittard, Geleen, Roermond and Venlo. The court rejected lawyers' request to suspend the pretrial detention of two of them.
The victim was killed in his home in the Breda neighborhood of IJpelaar. It is clear that it was a pre-arranged ripdeal by the criminal group from Limburg.
Initiator
The public prosecutor sees 22-year-old Sofian S. from Roermond as the initiator of the ripdeal. According to his lawyer Francoise Landerloo, her client invoked her right to remain silent.
The 21-year-old Jaime D. from Geleen did make a statement. In it, she says she had rented a Mercedes with German license plates at the request of co-defendants weeks before the date of the crime. She also drove her Opel Corsa to Breda for a hundred euros, "to pick something up. According to the prosecutor, however, there is sufficient evidence that she knew that an "R" was being plotted, a ripdeal. Attorney Sandra Carli says the young woman had been waiting, but until her arrest knew nothing about the shooting.
DNA
Her fellow counsel Yehudi Moszkowicz strongly disputes that his client, 21-year-old Jesse de J. from Roermond, was involved in the victim's death, even though his DNA was found on a bullet casing. According to the counselor, camera footage shows "conclusively" that this man was not at the scene of the crime, but at a pizza store about 200 meters away.
The next pro forma hearing is on Nov. 9.
The defendant(s) in this case are assisted by:
In the media
with current criminal cases
Heerlen/Stein - A data breach at telecom provider T-Mobile (now Odido) led to the theft of at least 112,000 euros worth of crypto currency.
Kerkrade - One of the two suspects in the robbery murder of Fabian Esser (33) on June 23, 2022 in Kerkrade
Brunssum - A 15-year-old investigation into an aggravated assault in Heerlen has been cracked open thanks to a DNA match. In November
The court sentenced a 58-year-old man and a 60-year-old woman from Apeldoorn for a series of arson attacks in their hometown. They
HELMOND - Jahangir A. is serving a 10-year prison sentence for the manslaughter of Els Slurink of Groningen, but had to be
Police have arrested three men for the stabbing Monday morning in Sittard that injured two people. Three men from
Roermond - Ivo T. (32) of Born was acquitted by the court in Roermond of abusing a 15-year-old